Apply Fulbright, Chuẩn bị hồ sơ học bổng Fulbright, Fulbright, Fulbright Scholarship, Fulbright Vietnam, Fulbright Vietnam Program, Fulbrighter, Fulbrighters, Học bổng Fulbright, hoc bong Fulbright, Thi tuyển Fulbright, Thư giới thiệu Fulbright, Vietnam Fulbright, Vietnam Fulbright Program
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi is pleased to announce the nominations of outstanding Vietnamese candidates to participate in the 2011 International Fulbright Science and Technology Ph.D. Scholarship Program. Grantees will be enrolled for Ph.D. study at top U.S. universities in the fields of science, technology, or engineering that will begin in the academic year 2011-2012.
The Scholarship recipients receive assistance in gaining admission to prestigious U.S. institutions and three years of fiscal support which includes: academic tuition and fee coverage, a monthly living stipend, book and supplies allowance, conference and research allowances, health and accident coverage, round trip airfare from home country to the United States, and specially tailored enrichment activities.
Sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, the Scholarship is designed to be among the most prestigious international scholarships in science and technology. Approximately 45 awards will be granted worldwide for candidates who demonstrate unique aptitude and innovation in scientific fields.
In Vietnam, the award is coordinated through the Fulbright Program in Vietnam, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Hanoi. Up to two principal nominees and one alternate nominee will be nominated by the Fulbright Program in Vietnam for final selection by a U.S.-based selection committee.
Eligible fields of study:
The 18 eligible fields include:
1. Aeronautics and Astronomics/Aeronautical engineering
2. Agriculture (theoretical or research-based focus only)
3. Astronomy/Planetary sciences
5. Biomedical engineering
7. Computer sciences/engineering
9. Engineering (electrical, chemical, civil, mechanical, ocean, and petroleum)
10. Environmental science/engineering
11. Geology/Earth and Atmospheric sciences
12. Information sciences and systems (engineering focus only)
13. Materials science/engineering
17. Public health (theoretical research focus only)
(Please note: A brief description of each field of study is available at:http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/scienceandtech).
• Hold single Vietnamese citizenship
• Must have completed an undergraduate degree before August 1, 2011
• Have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 92 or IELTS 7.0
A complete application includes:
1. An online application (available athttp://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international) which includes:
• a clearly written research objective essay
• a personal statement essay
• a professional resume or curriculum vitae
2. Three letters of reference (submitted electronically and attached to the online application or official paper copies sent by mail)
3. Notarized copies of diplomas & transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended sent via mail (or upload original scanned copies to the online application)
4. Test score reports (upload original scanned copies to the online application):
• TOEFL or IELTS score reports
• General GRE score report (if applicable)
5. A signature form (signed & attached as a scanned copy to the online application or submitted as hard copy by mail)
Application instructions: Please click here to download.
Application deadline: 5 p.m., May 20, 2010
All applications must be labeled “Application for the Fulbright S & T Program” and submitted before deadline to the following address: Fulbright Program in Vietnam, U.S. Embassy, 7 Lang Ha, Dong Da, Hanoi